William & Madelyn Want to Hear What You Have to Say!

Posted by Ida , Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This blog has many purposes:

(1) It keeps family members and friends updated on what's going on in the lives of the Matt Butwin family, especially William and Madelyn. This is especially beneficial to family and friends who live out of town and don't see them as often as they'd like.

(2) Mommy enjoys having a creative outlet when life is too busy for other, more time consuming hobbies.

(3) The blog is also a journal for William and Madelyn to look back on when they are older to learn what life was like when their memories don't go back that far.

The one thing that is lacking in this journal for William and Madelyn are the thoughts and reactions to their adventures from family and friends. This post is a giveaway to encourage those who visit the blog to sign in and leave comments so Madelyn and William will have them to read later too.

A little motivation...a 4x6 magnetic photo GIVEAWAY! Yup, you read correctly! Just by posting comments you can win a 4x6 magnetic photo! You choose the photo. Either one from this blog or one of your own. If it is one of your own you would have to send it to Mommy either through e-mail or snail mail. This option is more for friends who have their own kids or dogs that would rather have a magnetic photo of them instead of William and Madelyn (could you even imagine not wanting a photo magnet of William and Madelyn?), but there is that option too.

What do you have to do to win? Easy! Leave a comment on this post saying what you enjoy most about this blog so far. Yep, that's all! You are also encouraged to go back through the blog and comment on past posts. Each post made on or after July 21 will be entered into a random drawing for the magnet. Comments for this giveaway must be posted by 8:00 PM EST July 28. The winner will be posted on July 29th.

A quick tutorial on leaving comments. It is as easy as sending an e-mail and does NOT require you to sign. Let's read that again...It does NOT require you to sign in.

Let's take a look:

Leaving a comment:
(1) At the bottom of this post you will see a green link that says, "0 comments." It may say, "1 comment" if someone has commented or "2 comments." You should get the drift.

Click on it!

(2)Now you will see a "Post a Comment" form.
In the box...write your comment...easy so far, right?

(3)Under the box it says, "Comment as:" with a drop down menu under it.
Pull down the drop down menu and scroll down to "Name/URL" - second from the bottom. An "Edit Profile" box will appear. Fill in the name that you want to show up on the blog. Leave the URL field blank. Press the "Continue" button.

(4)Now you should be back to "Post a Comment."
Almost done, promise.

(5)There is a "Post comment" button under the drop down menu. Click it!

Almost done, promise!

(6)A "Preview" window will pop up. All you need to worry about is the "Word verification." Simply type the letters you see into the blank field and press "Post Comment."

Viola! You have successfully posted a comment on the Butwin Family Adventures blog. Pat yourself on the back! Nice work. William and Madelyn will appreciate it.

Print this page! Select the text and then go to 'file' then, 'print selection (Microsoft Internet Explorer).

Now, get commenting!

10 Response to "William & Madelyn Want to Hear What You Have to Say!"

aunt Laura Says:

oh boy! I have to go through and figure out which picture I'll want heeeheehee.

Katie Says:

Laura, I am giving you a run for your money!

Ida I love your blog. I love the way you write! I also loving seeing all the fun projects and things you guys are up to. I am going to start doing letter of the week in the near future (life is too hectic right now). I love seeing pics of your adorable kiddos!

Mommy Says:

A little friendly competition. I love it!
I do not know why the font looks weird. I will look into it.

Katie - letter of the week...awesome! Isn't that blog great?

Aunt Ann Says:

Hi Ida--

I've loved reading your blog. It's great to keep up with William and Madelyn and see them in your home and with Duke! You and Matt are great parents and the children are beautiful. We check your blog right after we check Michele's every night, and they both always bring a smile.

It would have been so wonderful to have been able to do a blog back in the days when we were raising Emily and Ben (William reminds me very much of Ben at that age). Looking back on it one of these days will be amazing!

We feel connected this way and truly look forward to seeing you all in the flesh in another couple of months!

Hugs,

Aunt Ann

Mimi Says:

I think I did this correctly.....not that tech savvy! I LOVE the blog. Even though I get to see William and Madelyn often, it is like having a nice little visit with the Matt Butwin family each morning. I look forward to seeing what's new, and I DO read the dialogue... and not just look at the pictures!! If this works, I will be commenting often.

Uncle Pete Says:

Might as well chime in here, and say that it's always fun seeing (well, mostly hearing) William and Madelyn talking or squealing away while I get ready for work in the morning (courtesy of Aunt Laura catching up on the latest posts). Admittedly, this is intended as a cheat, because if I win the photo magnet, I'll let Laura choose the picture to put on our fridge ;-)

This is the life. Says:

I love to see what you guys are up to but I like even more to see Gianna's outfits again! I am so glad MJ can wear them and is putting them to good use!! She looks so adorable and she is growing so fast!

Michele and Ben Butwin Says:

Hey Ida! I love reading your blog! You gave me the idea to start one for Jake and my family and friends can't get enough of it. And it's so true about having an outlet to go to when you're just having a crazy day!

I love watching Madelyn and William grow. I especially like watching Madelyn since Jake is only a few days older than her. It's great to see what milestones they are hitting together. It'll be exciting to have them all together in a few months!

xoxo
Michele & Ben

A Thank You from Columbus, Ohio Says:

Ida, Matt, and Family,

I am very appreciative for all of the hard work and dedication behind the assembly and maintenance of this blog. From my perspective, it: (1) allows those family members and friends that are not in Buffalo to stay abreast of the happenings on Walton, (2) enables us to feel a part of MJ & William's youth and hear/see all of the quirky antics that ensue, (3) gives some of us an exciting escape at an otherwise mundane 8-5 desk job.

Thank you again for all you do. I love you guys and look forward to seeing you soon!

Aunt Jess Says:

"Giz" and I are avid Butwin Family Adventures readers! Thanks for making it so fun and easy to keep up with the lives of William, Madelyn, Duke, Matt and Ida Butwin!

Post a Comment